Northern Iowa Student Government is looking for highly motivated and passionate students to join the Board of Directors. Board Directors are part of the Executive Branch of NISG and exist to represent and improve upon specific areas of campus. As defined by the By-Laws, all Board Directors shall:
- Act as a representative of Student Government in all initiatives in order to foster communication and collaboration with the outlined populations under their Directorship and Office.
- Attend at least one meeting of the Senate per month to present a report of activities, or at the discretion of the Chief of Staff shall submit a formal written report to the Chief of Staff to share with Senate in replace of attendance at a meeting.
- Summarize activities and suggestions for the future of the position at the end of their tenure in a written report with the purpose of providing transitional materials for the next student in their position.
Director terms run April 2020 - April 2021. Please read the below for specific duties and responsibilities.
City Council Liaison for Cedar Falls
- Work with the Cedar Falls City Council, the Director of Governmental Relations, and the Mayor of Cedar Falls.
- This position is designed to be a conduit between UNI students, the Cedar Falls government, and Cedar Falls residents.
- Attend all city council meetings on the 1st and 3rd Monday of every month and issue reports to campus and student leadership.
City Council Liaison for Waterloo
- Work closely with the Waterloo City Council, the Director of Governmental Relations, and the Mayor of Waterloo.
- This position is designed to create stronger connections between UNI students and the city of Waterloo.
- Attend all Waterloo City Council meetings and External Relations meetings.
Director of Alumni Relations
- Work with the Director of Public Relations on sending semesterly newsletters updating NISG alumni on NISG initiatives. These newsletters should include alumni spotlights
- Plan yearly alumni events on campus
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Campus Engagement on improving communication with the Lower Cabinet Director of Alumni Relations.
Director of Fine Arts
- Maintain open communication with the Directors/Department Heads of the School of Music, Department of Visual Art, Department of Theatre, and Dance groups.
- Coordinate with Students, Faculty members, Staff members, and Directors to investigate problems facing Fine Arts students at UNI, and working to resolve these problems.
- Work to integrate the Fine Arts programs onto UNI’s campus, and to work on student involvement with these programs.
- Work to better integrate Fine Arts students into UNI’s student body, and work to continually represented in Student Government.
Director of First Year Students
- Work with student organizations and other relevant groups, (i.e. Hall Senates) on initiatives and services that relate to first year students.
- Schedule regular meetings with the VP of Student Affairs and the Director of Student Success and Retention regarding first year student experiences and relevant initiatives.
Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life
- Attend Panhellenic Council and Interfraternity Council meetings weekly.
- Schedule regular meetings with the Director of Fraternity and Sorority Life to discuss initiatives and services that NISG can help support.
- Hold one budgetary meeting per year for FSL with the Director of Finance
- Collaborate with Panhellenic Council and Interfraternity Council on promoting Greek events.
Director of Graduate Life
- Serve as a member of the Graduate Advisory Committee.
- Attend any other graduate level committees or meetings.
- Schedule monthly meetings the Dean of the Graduate College.
- Serve as a liaison between NISG and graduate students.
- Communicate NISG activities to graduate students across campus
- Promote graduate events, activities, and programs.
Director of International Student Affairs
- Attend International Student Association meetings weekly.
- Attend International Advisory Council meetings as designated by the Director of Diversity.
- Plan events in collaboration with international student organizations, the Center for Multicultural Education, and/or the International Student Office.
Director of Residence Life
- Encourage collaboration between the Department of Residence and Student Government through, but not limited to, events.
- Investigate Department of Residence initiatives and and procedures to see if they are sufficient in meeting students’ needs.
- Schedule meetings regularly with the acting Director of Residence Life.
- Assess areas of growth for the Department of Residence and help strengthen those areas by working with both the DOR as well as other necessary departments.
- Serve as a liaison between RHA and NISG
- Must attend all RHA meetings.
Director of Voter Engagement (to apply specifically for this position, click here)
- Work closely with the Director of Governmental Relations and the American Democracy Project to increase voter engagement on campus.
- Must be passionate about the voting process and is willing to work with various student organizations.
- Present at Senate meetings as necessary.
The deadline for applications is Monday, August 31st at 11:59 pm. Questions can be directed to email@example.com.
Northern Iowa Student Government does not discriminate in employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in any student organization, retaliation, parental status, military service, or other non-merit factor.