Looking for a leadership opportunity with potential internship credit? Search no further. Apply below the descriptions!
Applications Extension for the following positions will close Friday, September 20th, at 11:59p.m.
1. Director of Alumni Relations
- Work with the Director of Public Relations on sending semesterly newsletters updating NISG alumni on NISG initiatives. These newsletters should include alumni spotlights
- Plan yearly alumni events on campus
- Collaborate with the Associate Director of Campus Engagement on improving communication with the Lower Cabinet Director of Alumni Relations.
3. Director of LGBTQ+ Affairs
- Attend UNIProud meetings weekly, and attends meeting of any other LGBTQ+ community-specific organizations.
- Attend LGBTQ+ Advisory and Advocacy Committee meetings monthly.
- Collaborate with the Gender and Sexuality Services Center, student organizations, and the administration to work on projects that promote inclusivity, such as making facilities and housing gender inclusive.
- Serve as a liaison for the LGBTQ+ community to provide campus resources and relevant information to students.
4. Director of Residence Life
- Encourage collaboration between the Department of Residence and Student Government through, but not limited to, events.
- Investigate Department of Residence initiatives and and procedures to see if they are sufficient in meeting students’ needs.
- Schedule meetings regularly with the acting Director of Residence Life.
- Assess areas of growth for the Department of Residence and help strengthen those areas by working with both the DOR as well as other necessary departments.
- Serve as a liaison between RHA and NISG
- Must attend all RHA meetings
5. Director of Transfer Students
- Serve on the Organization and Finance Committee.
- Meet regularly with the Transfer Admissions Counselor to discuss initiatives related to transfer students and issues they face when attending UNI
- Work to improve engagement for transfer students (i.e connection to campus through student organizations, experience students have both academically and socially).
- Collaborate with Lower Cabinet Directors (i.e First Year Students) to help achieve these initiatives.
- Meet with coordinators for programs (i.e Cat Crew, UNI Now, Summer Orientation, etc.) to look for improvements regarding transfer students’ experience.
- Meet with the Residence Life Coordinator of Shull Hall to discuss and improve the Transfer Learning Community.
6. Director of Graduate Life
- Serve as a member of the Graduate Advisory Committee.
- Attend any other graduate level committees or meetings.
- Schedule monthly meetings the the Dean of the Graduate College.
- Serve as a liaison between NISG and graduate students.
- Communicate NISG activities to graduate students across campus
- Promote graduate events, activities, and programs.